We take particular care in selecting our host families to ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly environment for you.
You can choose to have your own room, or share a twin room with a friend or a student from another nationality (subject to availability)
All our home stay accommodation is checked and monitored regularly, to ensure that it is of a good standard and conforms to the British Council Regulations. Host families are given strict guidelines about the services they need to provide to ensure that all our accommodation is operated to the same standards:
- You will have use of all essential facilities
- Your will eat most meals together with the family
- Rooms are cleaned and bed linen/towels changed weekly
- You will get one load of laundry done per week.
- You will be allowed to receive incoming calls; however, you are advised to bring or buy a mobile phone
- Most host families have internet and Wi-Fi access
- The host families are located around Brighton, but not longer than 20-25 minutes journey, either by bus or on foot.
- Home stay providers carefully monitor your stay with them, explain any house rules, and will immediately contact BISS if there are any causes for concern.