We take particular care in selecting our host families to ensure a safe, comfortable and friendly environment for you.
You can choose to have your own room, or share a twin room with a friend or a student from another nationality (subject to availability)
All our home stay accommodation is checked and monitored regularly, to ensure that it is of a good standard. Host families are given strict guidelines about the services they need to provide to ensure that all our accommodation is operated to the same standards:
- You will have use of all essential facilities
- Your will eat most meals together with the family
- Rooms are cleaned and bed linen/towels changed weekly
- You will get one load of laundry done per week.
- You will be allowed to receive incoming calls; however, you are advised to bring or buy a mobile phone
- Most host families have internet and Wi-Fi access
- The host families are located around Brighton, but not longer than 20-25 minutes journey, either by bus or on foot.
- Home stay providers carefully monitor your stay with them, explain any house rules, and will immediately contact BISS if there are any causes for concern.